Friday, March 5, 2010

The Wonder of You

My abuela came by to my skool at around 11am today. Oh dear, she also saw how my so-called classmates shunned me. Abuela was a bit disturbed by the incident and wondered to papi if my classmates also shunned me during class.

Well, well... nonetheless, my coming weekend will be fun-filled. My parents will be bringing me to Red Star for dim sum breakfast and then to the Singapore Flyer tomorrow.

Like to end the week with this video from The King. It is called "Wonder of You" and is the song which the Emirates plays during Arsenal's home matches. I know papi loves the song.
I guess papi can't quite believe that Arsenal, despite their setbacks this season, are still in the running for the title. Well, he is actually quite resigned to the fact that the Gunners ain't gonna win anything for a long time to come. Sigh, when will we see the likes of players such as Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira, Wright, Adams and those other Invincibles again.

Frankly, Arsenal is a selling club… It has been a few seasons without silverware already. Nonetheless, a constant top 3 or 4 finish in the Premiership, continued qualification for the Champions League, of course, progressing as far as they could and developing players for sale and to balance the debt ratio is more prudent.

Arsenal can’t really compete with Chelsea or Manchester City in the financial sense, so the self-sustaining model is the way to go.

There we have it… the Arsenal of the present would be one youthful team, bursting with talent, playing cosmic football, based on rigid wage structure and should be constantly on a top 3 Premiership finish and at least, into the last 8 on the Champions League. Of course, thumping Spurs is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails