Sunday, June 13, 2010

Down Orchard Road

Today is Sunday. Did not go to 爷爷 and 奶奶's house today. Instead, my parents brought me to Orchard Road. They said it has been ages since we went window-shopping.

We had our usual duck rice and rojak lunch before heading out...First stop, was to Borders, where else. I can't get enough of books! Next stop, to the Toy Fair at Takashimaya in Ngee Ann City. Sigh... my parents said the toys were not impressive. No purchases. We strolled past Mandarin Hotel Gallery, I guess this is what it is called, nowadays.Across the road, we saw the Heeren with a new look. It had external glass facades with huge TVs hung across the building. Mummy was a bit in awe...Now comes the 313 @Somerset.Papi wanted to buy some shirts from Robinsons at Centrepoint. We went there, scout around and left empty handed. He said the shirts today are not very nice. Walao.

Well, we walked across and saw the OC. I thought it was an awesome structure. Papi whispered to mummy that the OC was rather quiet, as compared to 313. Mummy thinks it is the layout... too mazy and confusing. I opined quietly that the interiors were too dark, imposing and restrictive, with too many hidden corners. Suddenly, we become "architects".Too tired already, heading for home. Last pic is the KPO. Never know that a rundown Post Office can become a swanky place!My parents were soooo tired that they slept on the bus journey home.

大舅 went back to China today. Sigh, mummy, papi and myself did not see or catch up with him this time round. Next time, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails